Thursday, August 20, 2009

Goals, Alchemy, and Do I Have the Passion of 1000 Burning Suns!? ( No...no I don't)

Well, this blog supposed to be for school and right now I'm in a computer lab and my teacher is telling my to write about my goals and passions so here I go.What are my goals...well I guess my main goal right now is to figure out what I want to do for a living. Graduating from high school (with decent grades) of course is definitely a priority. Some smaller goals would be to get my drivers license (if I could just finish my online drivers ed) and to get a job at the local Barnes and Nobles. For the future, what I REALLY want is to move to London. There's little I'm passionate about, actually, I don't really know if there's really anything I'm truly passionate about. I do love art, movies, reading, and listening to music. I don't really know if I'm passionate about those things. I mean at one point I wanted to be an artist or a writer but I don't believe I have the talent for either. I definitely can't sing and lack the ability to play an instrument. So what am I passionate about? I have no clue.
Lastly, a few days ago our teacher told us we would be doing Alchemy. My first though: " Haha sounds awesome". Obviously it wasn't Alchemy but it was still pretty cool. It was also pretty simple, all we had to do was put a penny in a warm dish of Zinc and let it sit for awhile. We then put the now silvered penny over the flame of a bunson burner: it a few seconds the penny became a golden color. Not exactly alchemy but still a neat little trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment